Robotic surgery is an advanced form of keyhole surgery using the daVinci robotic surgical system. Surgical dissection is performed by four robotic arms inside the patient, placed via small 1cm incisions in the abdomen. The robotic arms are controlled by the surgeon remotely, via a console which is located in the operating theatre. The console affords a magnified 3D view of the operating field, while the controls allow surgical precision that is unparalleled in any other form of surgery.
Advantages of robotic surgery include:
- Less scarring and better cosmesis
- Less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less complications
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster return to normal activity
In the hands of an experienced robotic surgeon, this technique optimises the chance of a good functional outcome in terms of erectile function and continence.
At NWSC, we offer the full range of Urological Robotic Surgery including:
- Robotic radical prostatectomy with nerve sparing
- Robotic nephrectomy
- Robotic partial nephrectomy
- Robotic nephro-ureterectomy
- Robotic pyeloplasty
- Robotic cystectomy and intracorporeal urinary diversion