Mark treats the full range of General, Liver, Biliary and Pancreatic conditions and has particular expertise in:
- Laparoscopic treatment of CBD stones
- Liver resection including laparoscopic surgery for benign and malignant disease
- Pancreatic surgery including vascular reconstruction
- Splenic surgery including laparoscopic and partial splenectomy
- Hernia repair – laparoscopic and open (inguinal, femoral, incisional and hiatal)
- Dialysis access surgery
- General surgery on immunosuppressed transplant patients
- Laparoscopic ultrasonography
- Arteriovenous fistulae and peritoneal catheters for dialysis in renal failure patients.
After graduating from Melbourne University, Mark completed his General Surgery training in Melbourne, has completed the ANZHPBA 2 year fellowship program in 2011 and is currently undertaking a Masters of Surgery. He has completed extensive subspecialty training in complex liver and pancreatic surgery, kidney and transplant surgery and care of the immunosuppressed patient. Mr Mark Steven has undergone significant training with many of the pioneers and current leaders of HPB and Transplant Surgery in Australia at Western Hospital Footscray, The Austin Hospital, Prince of Wales Hospital Sydney and the Princess Alexandra Hospital Brisbane.
Mr Mark Steven strives for the best possible outcomes for his patients through a multidisciplinary approach to care, being actively involved and liaising with other health care professionals while remaining focused on the patient and their family during what can be a difficult time. Please feel free to contact Mark directly if you wish to make a referral, ask a question or discuss a particular patient.
Bridge Road, Richmond
Epworth Freemasons Hospital
Victoria Pde, East Melbourne
John Fawkner Private Hospital
Moreland Rd, Coburg